Two Types of Information Collected
We will refer, in this document, to two types of information: Personally Identifiable Information and Non-Personally Identifiable Information. “Personally Identifiable Information” (also abbreviated to “PII”) is information that can be traced to your identity (e.g., name, address, phone number, etc.). “Non-Personally Identifiable Information” (also abbreviated to “NPI”) is all other such information that cannot be traced to your identity.
We strongly believe in protecting the privacy rights of our users. Thus, it is important that we clearly describe (i) what PII we collect; (ii) with whom/how we share your PII; and (iii) how you can limit our sharing of your PII. In short, we are committed to your privacy.
Third Party Websites
Information That We Collect and How We Use It
Personally Identifiable Information: Through our Applications, we may collect the following information:
- Account Information - text-enabled cellular/wireless telephone number, machine or mobile device ID and other similar information.
- Identification Information - your name, street address, email address, date of birth, and SSN (or other governmental issued verification numbers).
- Device Information -
- We also may obtain information about you: (a) from your mobile device such as your device type, machine or mobile device identification number, geo-location, time zone, language setting, browser type, and IP address, and (b) from third parties for purposes of transaction processing, identity verification, fraud detection or prevention and other similar purposes. For fraud prevention purposes, we also may link your machine ID with the machines of others who use your same payment cards.
- Social Web Information - including but not limited to your Facebook connect credentials (and information that you authorize Facebook share with us though permissions like this http://developers.facebook.com/images/devsite/auth-dialog-example.png) and email account information. If you authorize Facebook Connect, the plug in allows us access to your friends' contact information. We also allow you to import data from other social web services, including but not limited to Twitter, FourSquare, and email service providers. Social and e-mail contact information helps you connect to friends and contacts for invitation and payment transmission purposes (as well as helping us improve our services and fight fraud). Additionally, another Greenbox user may mention you in a transaction in which you are not a party to by “tagging” your username in a transaction note. When you are mentioned in a transaction, a link to your Greenbox profile will appear in the transaction note and you will receive a notification about the mentions. You may manage certain contact preferences and notifications in your account settings.
- Financial Information - bank account and routing numbers and credit cards linked to your Greenbox account. Greenbox does not share financial information with third party social networking services such as those listed in the prior bullet.
The Applications may automatically collect NPI from your web browser or mobile device (e.g., how you arrived at/left our Applications, your IP address, web provider, browser type, mobile device/computer operating system). We use all of this information to analyze trends among our users to help improve our Applications and services offered.
Additionally, we may disclose your information: (i) in response to a subpoena, court order, or a request for cooperation from law enforcement agencies; (ii) to defend against legal claims; (iii) when we believe disclosure is appropriate in connection with efforts to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activity, fraud or wrongdoing; (iv) to protect the rights, property, and safety of our company, users, employees or others; (v) to enforce our website terms; (vi) in the event of a substantial corporate transaction, such as the sale of our business, merger, or consolidation; or (vii) as otherwise required by law.
The previous paragraphs notwithstanding, we will not disclose your PII or NPI, and all of the information collected is used solely for analytical purposes connected to the operation of the website.
Children Accessing the Applications or Our Products
We do not knowingly collect any personal information from children under the age of 13 and our products and website are not intended for the use of such children. Should it be revealed to us that we have inadvertently collected information from children under the age of 13, then we will take reasonable measures to eliminate such data from our servers.
Review of Information
You can request access to your personal information (if any) that we keep on record and we will provide you with access to such personal information. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We take reasonable steps to make sure that the personal information we collect, use, or disclose is accurate, complete, up-to-date, relevant, and not misleading, if you believe any information that we keep on record is inaccurate, incomplete, out-of-date, irrelevant, or misleading, you may request that it be corrected. There is no fee for requesting access to your personal information; however, we may charge you the reasonable administrative costs of processing your request.
Do Not Track Signals
GreenBox does not track its customers over time and across third party websites to provide targeted advertising and therefore does not respond to Do Not Track (DNT) signals. However, some third party sites do keep track of your browsing activities when they serve you content, which enables them to tailor what they present to you.